Outdoor Wedding Blog

Outdoor Wedding Blog: Ideas, news, tips and resources for brides and grooms planning outdoor weddings, from Kim Knox Beckius, author of "The Everything Outdoor Wedding Book." Visit Kim's Outdoor Wedding Web Site: outdoorweddingguide.com

Monday, July 18, 2005

A Fun Albany-Area Dance Band

My husband and I were at the Saratoga Raceway in Saratoga Springs, New York, Saturday night, and in addition to betting on the harness races and losing a few bucks in the racino's video slots, we had a lot of fun dancing to a 10-piece band, The Refrigerators, that was performing as part of a Summer Concert Series. If you're shopping for a band to play at your Albany-area wedding, I have to tell you, The Refrigerators were a lot of fun. With a number of vocalists, a full brass section, elaborate percussion and incredible energy, these guys kept the dance floor inside the racino's air-conditioned tent packed. They did an admirable job with everything from Earth Wind & Fire to Maroon 5. We had to laugh, though, when they performed Nelly's "Hot in Here," which I think is destined to become the next song after Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" and "The Macarena" to hit wedding don't play lists! Contact The Refrigerators at (518) 374-3400 or (518) FRIDG-00.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently attended an outdoor tented wedding at Birch Hill in Renssalaer county. Everything was absolutely first-class all the way at this place. The tent was placed on their property right near a pond, kinda nestled into some big pine trees, it was so intimate and beautiful and the food was to DIE FOR...our filets were some of the best we have ever had, and my cousin's said her salmon was delicious. They had their ceremony right on the property too, which was very well done and her pictures are gorgeous. I have yet to see my diamond, but when I get it I sure know where I am going! I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to have a beautiful outdoor wedding-the best grounds available by far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home